Nobody wants to look like a fanny-pack tourist when they’re traveling abroad in beautiful places. Sure, you want your clothes to be useful, but not insofar as it ruins your look.
Instead, you probably imagine yourself sleek and stylish, ready to make that aesthetic new Insta post.
But, to do that, you’ll need to know about the best travel clothes for women. And that can be hard, considering how many choices are out there. Really, what are the best travel clothes for women?
Fortunately, we’ve got you covered in the best styles, materials and other travel outfit ideas.
Let’s dive in!
What clothing is considered comfortable for travel?
What is the most important factor when considering the best travel clothes for women? While it’s good to be stylish, never forget to marry that style with comfort! Cotton, polyester and silk tend to be the most comfortable clothes for women.
Overall, here are our picks for the best travel clothes for women (comfort addition):
- Puffer jacket. Puffer jackets are super comfortable, lightweight and waterproof. Plus, you can even use it as a pillow if you get too warm on your flight.
- T-shirts and tops. Pretty basic, right? But it’s all about the material and design. Go with a lightweight shirt that’s a breeze to wear.
- Stretchy pants. This includes things like yoga pants, stretchy jeans, and water-repellent jeans.
- Compression socks. Travelling on a plane or hiking doesn’t necessarily do wonders for your feet. Luckily, compression socks help stimulate blood circulation.
- Sun Hat. Wearing a baseball cap is usually a dead giveaway that you’re a tourist, so why not switch it up with a lightweight and comfy sun hat?
- Travel boots. Usually waterproof, travel books are a versatile choice that will leave you looking stylish in any country.
What is the best outfit for airplane travel?
Pants: Brenna Pant by prAna
Socks: Compression socks
Backpack: The Voyager by Sunny 16
Can a backpack be safe and comfortable while traveling?
While many female travelers worry about backpacks being too bulky, heavy or unsafe, not every backpack is created equal. After all, wouldn’t it be nice to have somewhere to put your women’s packable travel clothes?
Don’t worry, we have just the bag for you!
We recommend the Sunny 16 Voyager. It’s a 31L camera backpack, making it less bulky than those massive 45L bags, but still spacious and easy to use as a carry-on. Really, this backpack packs a serious amount of gear for its size, fitting two DSLR cameras, up to seven lenses, a laptop, a tablet, and other accessories. Even if you’re not a photographer, you can also easily fit plenty of clothes and other travel gear.
It’s weatherproof and comfortable, giving you quick side access during your travels. Side access keeps your equipment safe and close to you. And, speaking of safety, you can use the hidden zipper and anti-theft clamshell opening to secure your equipment.
Plus, it’s stylish, so it’ll go great with any of the best travel clothes for women on this list.
What should women wear on a road trip?
Of course, comfort and style also come into play for planning road trips. When it comes to the best travel clothes for women, what are the best options for a road trip?
Seeing as you can take a road trip in any season, we’ll name off the best travel clothes for women for each one:
What is the best clothing brand for women?
If you’re stuck on where to buy the best travel clothes for women from, consider this list of reliable brands:
Up Next: Best Female Model Poses
Now that you know all of the best travel clothes or women, let us know in the comments what outfit you plan on trying next.
And, if you want to learn how to up your Insta game even more, check out our article on the best female model poses. You’ll be looking like a professional traveller in no time!