North Face Backpacks Are Not Ideal for Air Travel
North Face makes some great backpacks, but they aren't the best choice for carrying luggage through an airport. Their backpacks may be suited to a long trekking trail or expeditions in extreme conditions — but other alternatives are more suited to business travel and long-term use.
North Face bookbags are popular among travelers for its durability and water resistance, but it has many drawbacks. The small size and stiff construction make them difficult to carry when full, and the many pockets and compartments can be confusing to navigate. Additionally, the North Face logo is often a target for thieves.
Let’s break down exactly why you should not use North Face backpacks when traveling.
North Face backpacks have bad ergonomics
A backpack is an important piece of gear for any traveler, but North Face travel backpacks are not ideal choices.
Their ergonomics are poor, which can lead to back pain and other issues. Small North Face backpack often has very little padding. The shoulder straps are poorly designed. They are thin, which is great for weight savings, but bad for comfort and shoulder health.
North Face router transit backpacks are not ideal for travel because of their poor ergonomics. The straps are not adjustable, so they are not customizable to fit different body types.
They are also poorly placed, as the hip belt is low and a load of a full backpack sits directly on the lumbar area. The wide shoulder straps also contribute to poor ergonomics.
With these factors taken into account, it's easy to see why North Face backpacks are not ideal for travel. Instead, travel backpacks made by other brands are better choices.
The Voyager camera backpack features a thick padded waist strap that allows you to distribute the heavy weight from your shoulders to your waist — and ultimately avoiding any unnecessary pain.
North Face backpacks are tough to organize
If you're looking for a backpack to take on your next trip, you may want to steer clear of North Face Overhaul 40. It's difficult to organize and often comes with too many pockets.
This can be a hassle when trying to find what you need in a hurry. While it's great for outdoor activities, it can be tough to organize and pack efficiently when traveling.
Here are a few of the organizational issues that travelers have reported:
- Difficult to access the bottom of the backpack without taking it off. The bottom of the backpack is not accessible when the bag is full
- No easy way to organize the water bottle compartment when the bag is full
- Packing other light necessities when the bag is full can be an issue as well
- No easy way to keep dirty laundry separate from the clean laundry
On the other hand, the Voyager camera backpack can easily fit all your gear and additional clothes and accessories for your travel.
How to wash North Face backpacks
A North Face backpack is a great investment for anyone who loves the outdoors. It is important to keep your backpack in good condition by properly washing it. Here is a guide on how to do it:
- Remove all the contents of your backpack
- Fill a bathtub or large sink with cold water and add a small amount of detergent
- Swish the backpack around in the water to make sure it is coated with the detergent
- Place the backpack in the water and let it soak for a few minutes
- Remove the backpack from the water and squeeze out as much water as possible
- Wring out the excess water by wringing it over your shoulder
- Pat the backpack dry with a towel
- Lay the backpack on a towel to finish drying
- Once dry, fold your backpack so that all the fabrics are together. This helps prevent them from shrinking and makes it easier to store
On the other hand, the Voyager travel backpack features waxed canvas which is extremely easy to clean when it gets dirty. The water-resistant waxed canvas material doesn't allow any water to go through the material — and if the wax wears off with time, just reapply new wax and it will be like brand new!
How to Choose the Best Backpack for Travel
Looking for the best travel backpack for your next trip? Check out our list of the top-rated backpacks for travel, based on customer reviews. From small backpacks to large backpacks, from urbanites to adventurers. We've got the perfect backpack for your needs!
When you are looking for the best travel backpacks, you need to consider a few things. The type of trip you are taking, the amount of gear you need to bring, and your personal preferences. These are all important factors to think about when choosing a backpack.